Saturday, September 26, 2009

Inspiration

I can see where the software called Inspiration gets its name, as it naturally provides tons of inspiration on ways to use it in the classroom. In early childhood education it can be used by the teacher to make many of the things that would go up in a classroom. Some ideas include:
-daily schedule
-displaying of student works
-converting things discussed in class into simple outlines
-a teacher to do or how to guide
-a web to go along with a book you read
In an elementary classroom you can use many of the same ideas as well as some more:
-students create story webs
-students create character webs to show connection and character traits
-students create cause-and-effect maps in history and science
-teachers can create concept maps for planning and use in lessons
-teachers can input information and present it in both a visual web as well as an outline to target multiple types of students
In a special education classroom there are even more uses, as all of the previous uses can be used for content as well as many more to target things such as behavior and regulation. Depending on the students' levels students can create their own, work with the teacher to create it, or the teacher can create them to give to the students. Some ideas are:
- many types of behavior charts
- checklists
- classroom picture schedule
- individual schedules
- content uses for lessons

As you can see, there are countless uses for inspiration in the classroom for both teacher and student. If I was a teacher in a school without inspiration I would probably invest in if for my classroom, though it would depend on the level that I was teaching at. At an early childhood level, or in a special education class in which the children were not very high functioning on computers, I might not because the students may not be able to use it, however in an elementary or special education classroom with children who can use the computer, I would most likely want to invest in inspiration for my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment